QuestionaireYou never know what you're going to get. But you do know that you don't have any chance of taking home this box of truffles unless you put your name on this questionnaire and drop it in the WOW Suggestion Box. Answer only the questions you feel (reasonably) qualified to answer... No reasonable answer will be refused. No unreasonable answers will be refused either. We are trying to be very reasonable. Results will be summarized in a later issue.
Prizes will be awarded both by random drawing and for most original answers as determined by our panel of highly qualified judges.
1) What was the best conference you have ever attended? (hint, ICSE 97)
2) What was the best keynote presentation you have ever heard?
3) What software engineering paper or book had the most (positive or negative) influence on your life?
4) What software engineering paper or book do you most often use, reread or recommend?
5) If there are, have been, or might be any "almost" Silver Bullets for software engineering, what are they?
6) If there are, have been, or might be any Red Herrings (or Poison Pills) for software engineering, what are they?
7) If software engineers were licensed, would you qualify?
Why or why not?
8) What was the last movie you saw?
9) What is your favorite metric?
10) What publication(s) do you recommend serious researchers and practitioners read in order to keep abreast of the state of the art and state of practice of software engineering?